There are a lot of delicious and tasty fruits you could find, but apples are probably one of the most favorite fruits. However, not everyone knows that apples are available in many varieties and one that is very tasty and delicious are Honeycrisp apples. In addition, the health benefits of Honeycrisp apples are not something that can be taken for granted.
What are Honeycrisp Apples?
As already mentioned above there are many varieties of apples and honeycrisp is a variety of apples developed by the Minnesota Agriculture Experiment. Compared to the common apple of dark red skin, beautiful and appetizing, honeycrisp apples have distinctive characteristics that are the yellow background of the mottled red skin. This apple variety is very tasty because it is the hybrid of Macoun and Honeygold apples, but don’t worry, honeycrisp apples are not GMOs but hybrids. They are two completely different things. Therefore, this apple variety is as natural as any apple you have consumed.
Nutritional Values of Honeycrisp Apples:
When talking about the health benefits of apples and Honeycrisp apples are not really different. However, compared to normal apples, the sour taste of this variety is a strong indication that this apple is super low in calories, making it an excellent food for weight loss, especially for breakfast.
12 Health Benefits of Honeycrisp Apples:
For more information about the health benefits of Honeycrisp apples, the following list will tell you in detail.
1. Super Low Calories:
- Do you know that a high quality life is always associated with a low calorie diet?
- This is because, based on some research studies, it is likely that those who are currently on a low-calorie diet have a longer life with a better physical condition than those who do not.
- Low-calorie foods are able to reduce the rates of cancer, cardiovascular diseases and degenerative diseases related to aging.
2. Excellent Power Enhancer:
- There is a good reason why apple is good for breakfast because it is an excellent energy stimulant.
- Eating apple will not increase your energy like when you are drinking coffee, but since the apple contains carbohydrates and enough calories to give you the resistance you need in the morning.
3. It is Full of Soluble Fiber:
- There are many health benefits when eating apple peel because apple fiber is found in the skin.
- That is why for the health benefits of fiber, you should eat apples along with your skin.
- Although some people prefer to peel it and they could still get all the essential vitamins and minerals, but with less fiber content.
4. Help Digestion:
- As mentioned earlier, the consumption of Honeycrisp apples along with the skin will increase your daily fiber intake.
- The health benefits of fiber are essential for digestion because fiber has a prominent function to aid digestion because fiber could bind all unnecessary content inside the intestine to be washed.
- The result is that your metabolism will move smoothly.
5. Fat and Cholesterol Free Fruit:
- It is not easy to find foods that lower the cholesterol level, but there are some fruits that are completely free of fat and cholesterol and the apples of crunchy honey are among those fruits.
- Not only that, since it is rich in fiber, soluble fiber will help eliminate the excessive amount of cholesterol.
6. Helps Control Appetite and Cravings:
- If you are currently in a weight loss program, the most difficult thing to control is your appetite.
- Eating apples every time you feel hungry could help you control your snack cravings because the fiber content in apples will make you feel full longer and as fat free, it will not cause you to gain weight.
7. Prevents Obesity:
- The antioxidant content found in honeycrisp apples will help prevent oxidative stress in the body’s metabolism.
- The effect is the reduction of the fat cell formulation that in excessive quantity could lead to obesity.
- Polyphenols are one of the powerful antioxidants found in apples along with the benefits of vitamin C, vitamin A and beta-carotene.
8. Excellent Immunity Enhancer:
- Apples are an excellent snack option during the recovery condition because Honeycrisp apples are full of essential vitamins and minerals that could act as an excellent immunity booster.
- They will speed up the recovery process while preventing your body from becoming more infected.
9. Ideal for Diabetic Patients:
- There is no easy way to find food for patients who have been diagnosed with certain types of diabetes.
- However, many studies have claimed that the consumption of apples as a snack for diabetic patients is considered safe.
10. Prevents the Development of Cancer Cells:
- The only powerful way to prevent cancer is to make sure your body has enough antioxidants.
- As mentioned in some previous points, Honeycrisp apples are packed with powerful antioxidants that could help prevent the development of cancer cells.
11. Good for Cardiovascular Health:
- The fiber found in Honeycrisp apples is excellent for cardiovascular health.
- On the other hand, Honeycrisp apples also contain potassium that could help balance the excessive amount of sodium in the bloodstream to help control the symptoms of high blood pressure that could lead to a more fatal condition such as stroke and stroke. cardiac.
12. Promotes Healthy Skin:
- If you want to have healthy and young skin, it is highly recommended to consume fruits and vegetables daily and the apple is one of the fruits that you must add to your daily diet because apples are super tasty and nutritious.
Precautions on Honeycrisp Apples:
- Due to their firm appearance, Honeycrisp apples are easy to transport or export. That’s why as customers you should know well where your apples come from.
- It is better to get fresh apples, but if you live in countries where the only option to get apples is to export them, there are some precautions you should take into account.
- Some suppliers are applying wax to prevent apples from rotting. That’s why washing and brushing apples with running water before consuming them is highly recommended because apples are the best to consume with your skin since the skin contains all the fiber you need.
- Honeycrisp apples are the best to be consumed during breakfast because they are an excellent energy stimulant. However, people who have a sensitive stomach should avoid consuming it on an empty stomach, as it could cause swelling.
- Well, adding Honeycrisp apples to your daily diet is highly recommended because this fruit is not only tasty but also healthy. In addition, Honeycrisp apples are a variety of apples that are easy to find not only in America, but also throughout the world.